Costa Verde Miraflores Beaches | Lima is the only capital of South America with access to the sea and the Costa Verde is the most important beach circuit in Lima and Peru. It has an extension of 6 kilometers, and the route passes through the districts of Chorrillos, Barranco, Miraflores, San Isidro, Magdalena and San Miguel.
Costa Verde is a circuit of Pacific beaches, it is attributed the name of “Costa Verde” for being located on the Pacific coast that has outstanding vegetation, especially on the cliffs. One of the characteristics of this circuit is that it is located under the cliff, several meters high that separates it from the city, so access must be known.
On the tour of the Costa Verde you can find a wide variety of spaces for practicing sports, recreational and tourist activities, such as surfing, paragliding, tennis courts, volleyball, parking lots, concert areas, restaurants, areas for fishing, hiking, walking, among other.
1. La Costa Verde (Green Coast) and its Beaches
There are more than 20 beaches throughout its extension of Costa Verde, where you can spend your days at any time of the year, although during the summer months the attendance is greater.
What beaches exist on the Costa Verde?
- Agua Dulce: It is located in the Chorrillos district, it is one of the best known in the city of Lima, currently it has a great and modern boardwalk, so access to it is easy, which further increases the amount of visitors.
- La Herradura: It is another popular beach of the Costa Verde circuit in the Chorrillos district, it has a very attractive sea, it is ideal for experienced surfers but not for beginners.
- Los Delfines: This beautiful beach is located in the Miraflores district, here you can see the presence of stones instead of sand. It has been classified as a very healthy beach by the Ministry of Health, therefore it is the beach that we recommend, especially if you want a quiet place with fewer people!
- Barranquito: As its name announces it is located in the Barranco district. This spa is visited by surfers who are attracted by its waves, these waves are characterized by being of the breaking type at the tip and often deceive those who try to enjoy its benefits, this because its waves are accompanied by stones that hinder Enjoy this sport to the fullest, but if you are an expert we are sure that you will have a great time. Not recommended for beginners.
- Los Yuyos: It is also located in the bohemian district of Barranco, its waters are calm to enjoy without scares, this beach is recommended for beginners in Surfing. On this beach it is common to develop various national championships of Jet Ski and Hawaiian canoes, calling the massive turnout of vacationers, who have one more reason to come to enjoy the Pacific Sea.
- Waikiki: It is located at the foot of Bajada Balta in the Miraflores district and is ideal for both intermediate and experienced surfers.
2. Additional information about the Green Coast
Although it was conceived as a large recreational space, with the construction of the beach circuit it has become a rapid transit route, changing its original concept. Currently there is an ambitious project to build a cruise port in this place, those who defend the project point out that the disembarkation of tourists in Miraflores would help the best operation of tourism, currently all cruises run aground in Callao and it is definitely very complicated for tourists get from Callao to downtown Lima or Miraflores. People who do not defend this project point out that it would alter the characteristic tranquility of this beach!
3. What is the route to access the Miraflores and Barranco Beaches?
There are many ways to access the Costa Verde beaches (Miraflores), pedestrian as well as vehicular, we recommend Bajada Balta either by car or on foot!
If you are in Barranco, use the Bajada de Baños!
4. Restaurants on the Costa Verde
You can find sophisticated restaurants located in front of the sea, which have terraces and atmospheres that are ideal for an unforgettable evening, for example the Rosa Náutica.
5. Where can I find a Tourist Guide for the Costa Verde?
We recommend contacting us so that you can get to know the Miraflores boardwalk and also show you the beaches of the green coast.