Discover Maras and Moray in our half-day tour, starting from Cusco, we will visit the archaeological ruins of Moray that were used during the Inca empire as an agricultural research center for the adaptation of various Andean plants and roots to different ecological levels.
After exploring Moray, we will hit the Salineras de Maras, a salt mine that dates back to thousands years, and even today this mine is still in operation for regular consumption and medicinal purposes (it has healing properties, because of its clean origin, it is not like the salt from the sea).
On this half-day excursion departing from Cusco, you will also visit an indigenous textile market in Chinchero.
Why to reserve with us?
- 100% Peruvian company
- 100% Indigenous team
- Licensed tour guides
Duration: About 6 hours.
- Group tour: Spanish and English simultaneously
- Private tour: Spanish, English — separate groups based on the language. If you want another language, just let us know!
- Group tour: 10 to up to 30 attendees
- Private tour: No strangers
Accessibility: This tour is not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
What to bring?
- Sweaters or jackets
- Anti-slip shoes
- Passport — it’s optional, but at least have a digital photo
- Official ID for discounts when buying your entrance tickets for the attractions:
- If you are a student, bring your original documents
- If you have minors, bring their original documents
- Caps or hats
- A bottle of water
- Local currency for your entrance tickets
- Group tour:
- Pick up from your hotel — as long as you stay in the historic center
- 100% professional and authorized guides
- Tourist bus with air conditioning
- Private tour:
- Pick up with vehicle and Tour Guide from your hotel
- On time pick up from your hotel
- Private Tour Guide
- Private Driver
- Private Car
- Drop off at your hotel
- Boleto Turístico of Cusco:
- Boleto integral: 130 Soles per person — about 38 USD
- Boleto parcial: 70 per person — about 20 USD
- For more information click on Boleto Turístico of Cusco
- Entrance ticket for the Salt mines of Maras: 10 Soles — about 3 USD
- Tips (optional)
- * You can buy the entrance tickets for the attractions on the same day of your tour
How to book? Please book on this webpage.
The itinerary can always change because of weather, strikes and festivals. If you book a private tour, we will pick you up from anywhere in the city of Cusco and drop you off at your hotel.
Meeting Place — at about 8 am
We will pick you up by bus from your Hotel — as long as you stay in the historic center, otherwise we will coordinate another meeting place according to your convenience.
Chinchero Indigenous Market
We head from Cusco by bus to the small town of Chinchero to visit the indigenous textile markets — you are not obliged to buy anything at this market.
Archaeological Site of Moray
During the Inca period, Moray was an agricultural research center of the Andean man, because the platforms of Moray have 20 different types of microclimates.
Salt Mines of Maras
We will explore the most famous and millennial salt mines during the pre-Columbian times and even today these mines play an important role for the locals living surrounding this mine.
Tour Ending Place — at about 2 pm
We finish this tour two blocks away from the Plaza de Armas — this tour doesn’t end at your hotel.
Maras and Moray + Chinchero indigenous market
- 25 USD per person
- 90 USD per person based on 2 people
- 80 USD 80 USD per person based on 3 people
- 70 USD 80 USD per person based on 4 people
- 60 USD per person based on 5 people
- If your group is larger than 5 people, just let us know!
- Pick up time: About 8 am
- Ending time: About 2 pm
If you book a private tour, we are flexible with the schedule.
We will pick you up by bus from your Hotel — as long as you stay in the historic center, otherwise we will coordinate another meeting place according to your convenience. If you book a private tour, we will pick you up from anywhere in the city of Cusco.
Other available similar tours
What makes us different?
- We are accountable
- We do it right
- We serve
Our Social Project
Our philanthropic objective is to help Andean and indigenous communities to improve their socio-economic conditions, with part of the tips received in free tours and a percentage from the paid tours.