Join our tour to Salinas Salt Flat Lagoon of Arequipa, this attraction is located at 4300 m.a.s.l. at the national reserve of Salinas and Aguada Blanca near Salinas Huito town.
The Salinas lagoon is a spectacular salt flat, it has an extension of 6,182 hectares and it is surrounded by the Picchu Picchu, Chachani, Misti and Ubinas volcanoes. This attraction is also the ideal place to see Andean camelids and the famous Peruvian flamingos; however, the flamingos can only be seen from November to March.
If you want to take the best photos of your trip, sign up for this tour since you will be able to shoot pictures with water mirror effects on the salt flats — similar to the ones at Salar de Uyuni in Bolivia and finally you will top it off by taking a bath at the Hot Springs of Lojen.
Why to reserve with us?
- 100% Peruvian company
- 100% Indigenous team
- Licensed tour guides
Duration: About 8 hours.
- Group tour: Spanish and English simultaneously
- Private tour: Spanish, English — separate groups based on the language. If you want another language, just let us know!
- Group tour: 10 to up to 30 attendees
- Private tour: No strangers
Accessibility: This tour is not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
What to bring?
- Sweaters or jackets
- Anti-slip shoes
- Towels and additional clothes — optional, applies only if you´ll use the hot springs
- Passport — it’s optional, but at least have a digital photo
- If you are Peruvian, bring your original document
- Ponchos — buy it in Arequipa city
- Caps or hats
- Toilet paper and hand sanitizer
- A bottle of water
- Local currency in cash
- Group tour:
- Pick up from your hotel — applies only for hotels located in the historic center
- Licensed tour Guides
- Tourist bus with air conditioning
- First aid kit
- Private tour:
- Pick up with vehicle and tour Guide from your hotel
- On time pick up from your hotel
- Private, professional and authorized tour Guide
- Private Driver
- Private vehicle: Auto, H1, Van, Renault, Sprinter — it will depend on the group size
- First aid kit
- Drop off at your hotel
- Tips (optional)
- Entrance tickets for the Salt Lake and Hot Springs of Lojen: 5 Soles
- * You can buy the entrance tickets to the attractions on the same day of the tour
How to book? Please book on this webpage.
WhatsApp: +51 958745640 & +51 984479073.
The itinerary can always change because of weather, strikes and festivals. If you book a private tour, we will pick you up from anywhere in the city of Arequipa and drop you off at your hotel.
Meeting Place — at about 6:30 am
We will pick you up by bus from your Hotel — as long as you stay in the historic center, otherwise we will coordinate another meeting place according to your convenience.
Transfer from Arequipa to the town of Chiguata
The bus will pass through the picturesque town of Chingata which dates back to the colonial or Spanish occupation period. This town is located at 2939 m.s.n.m. and this bus ride lasts about 1 hour.
Transfer from Chiguata to the Salinas Lagoon
This bus ride lasts about 1 hour.
Salinas Lagoon — The Arequipa Salt Flat
This beautiful salt flat is surrounded by volcanoes at 4,300 m.a.s.l. at the National Reserve of Salinas and Aguada Blanca in the south of Arequipa region.
At this place, you will be able to observe flamingos and some South American camelids such as llamas, alpacas, vicuñas, chinchillas, etc.
This natural park is an awesome site to take the best photos with special effects on water mirrors.
Transfer from Salinas Lagoon to the Hot Springs of Lojen
Explore the Hot Springs of Lojen
These medicinal Hot Springs are located near the Salinas Lagoon, the Hot Springs are coming from a mini volcano.
Transfer back to Arequipa city
Tour Ending Place — at about 2 pm
This excursion ends in the historic center of Arequipa city, three blocks away from the main square. This tour doesn’t end at your hotel unless you book a private tour.
✅ Group tour:
- 30 USD per person
✅ Private tour:
- 95 USD per person based on 2 people
- 70 USD per person based on 3 people
- 60 USD per person based on 4 people
- 50 USD per person based on 5 people
- If your group is bigger, contact us pls!
✅ Group Tour: Everyday.
- Pick up time: About 6:30 am
- Ending time: About 2 pm
✅ Private Tour: Everyday.
- If you book a private tour, we are flexible with the schedule
We pick you up at your Hotel — applies only for hotels located in the historic center; otherwise, we’ll coordinate another meeting place according to your convenience.
⭐TripAdvisor: 300 testimonials | ⭐Google Maps: 250 comments | ⭐Facebook: 183 reviews | ⭐Instagram: 1500 followers | ⭐YouTube: Watch our videos | ⭐Travellers: More than 90,257 tourists
Other available similar tours
Cusco Budget ToursEveryday
Tours and Excursions in PeruEveryday
What makes us different?
- We are accountable
- We do it right
- We serve
Our Social Project
Our philanthropic objective is to help Andean and indigenous communities to improve their socio-economic conditions, with part of the tips received in free tours and a percentage from the paid tours.