Discover the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu in a single day by bus and train departing from Cusco city. This excursion is ideal for tourists who don’t have much time in Cusco and visitors with high expectations of good tour quality.
This tour includes seats in the Voyager wagons of IncaRail company; if there are no seats in IncaRail, we will offer you seats in the Expedition wagons of PeruRail company. The wagons of any of those train companies got comfortable and large seats and most importantly their windows are super wide so you don’t miss the Andean and Amazonian landscape of Cusco.
Check out our itinerary below and find out more about this top-seller tour!
Why to reserve with us?
- 100% Peruvian company
- 100% Indigenous team
- Licensed tour guides
Duration: About 16 hours.
- Group tour: Spanish, English — separate groups based on the language
- Private tour: Spanish, English — separate groups based on the language. If you want another language, just let us know!
- Group tour: 4 to up to 15 attendees
- Private tour: No strangers
Accessibility: This tour is not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
What to bring?
- Sweaters or jackets
- Anti-slip shoes
- Passport — It is mandatory to show the physical passport — it does not apply to Peruvians
- Other mandatory documents:
- If you are Peruvian, bring your original document — DNI
- If you are a student, bring your original documents
- If you have minors, bring their original documents
- Caps or hats
- A bottle of water
- Mosquito repellent
- Local currency in cash
- Pick up from your hotel with a private vehicle — as long as you stay in the historic center of Cusco
- Bus tickets from Cusco to Ollantaytambo — round trip
- IncaRail train tickets — round trip
- Bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu Inca citadel — round trip
- Entrance tickets for the Llaqta of Machu Picchu (Circuit 1, 2, 3 or 4)
- Professional and licensed guides
- Drop off at your hotel with a private vehicle — as long as you stay in the historic center of Cusco
- Tips — optional
- Important: If you want to visit Huayna Picchu, Machu Picchu Mountain, Inca Bridge, Huchuy Picchu, etc. — is not included in this tour; however if you want to explore them, just let us know
How to book? Please book on this webpage.
HIGHLIGHTS: Bimodal — Bus + IncaRail Train
The itinerary and/or schedule can always change due to weather, strikes, festivals and above all it is subject to the availability of train and Machu Picchu slots. If you book a private tour, we can adjust the itinerary at your convenience.
3:50: Meeting point in Cusco city
We will pick you up from the lobby of your hotel located in the historic center of Cusco.
4:20: Bus departure from Cusco to Ollantaytambo
This bus ride takes about 1.45 hours approx. — The bus will drop you off at the Ollantaytambo train station.
6:10 approx: Board your train in Ollantaytambo
At the Ollantaytambo train station, the IncaRail team (or Peru Rail) will help you out with all the boarding process, there is nothing to worry.
6:40: Train departure from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes city
This train ride lasts about 1.45 hours, during this train ride, you will see the beauty of the Andes and the high jungle. The train seats are super comfortable and the windows of the wagons are huge.
8:01 approx: Arrival of the train at Aguas Calientes city
The train station is in the heart of Aguas Calientes city, so you won’t have any orientation problems, on top of that, the city of Aguas Calientes is super small and you will have considerable time so that you can have some breakfast.
Breakfast on your own
In the city of Aguas Calientes there are many restaurants where you can have breakfast, prices range from 15 to 25 soles per person.
9:10: Board your bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu citadel on your own
Aguas Calientes is the closest city to Machu Picchu, to get to the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu you have to take the Consettur company bus from Aguas Calientes city. This bus trip lasts approximately 30 minutes.
The Consettur bus station is located on the avenida Los Hermanos Ayar, very close to Manco Cápac Plaza. you can be sure you won’t get lost, you can always ask any local people.
10:00: Meet your tour Guide
At 10:00, your local Guide will be waiting for you outside the main gate of Machu Picchu.
10:10 to 12:00 approx: Guided tour of Machu Picchu
Your local guide will explain about the most important places in Machu Picchu, which we mention below:
Free time in Machu Picchu
Consider that after the guided tour of Machu Picchu, you will have some time to stay inside Machu Picchu. Consider that this is not possible sometimes, it will all depend on the park rangers.
Board your bus to return to Aguas Calientes
The buses leave from the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu toAguas Calientes city every 10 minutes.
Lunch on your own
There are many restaurants in Aguas Calientes city, choose the one that best suits you. Prices can vary from 25 Soles to 50 Soles per person.
15:40: Board your train on your own
16:12: Train departure from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
18:30 approx: Board your bus — from train to bus
The IncaRail team (or PeruRail) will help you with all the boarding process, there is nothing to worry about.
20:15 approx: Arrival to Cusco city + Transfer to your hotel
Upon your arrival in Cusco, your Driver will be waiting for you in order to take you to your hotel.
20:30 approx: Tour Ending Place
This tour ends in the lobby of your hotel in the historic center of Cusco city.
✅ Group tour: You will join a group guided tour for the Llaqta de Machu Picchu (Circuit 1, 2, 3 or 4).
- 280 USD per person — referential price, this price can drop down a lot in low season and on many occasions, just talk to us
✅ Private tour: You will have a 100% private Guide for the Llaqta de Machu Picchu (Circuit 1, 2, 3 or 4).
- 310 USD per person based on 2 people
- 300 USD per person based on 3 people
- 290 USD per person based on 4 people
- 280 USD per person based on 5 people
- If your group is larger than 5 people, just let us know!
✅ Group tour: Everyday — the schedules below are referential, it will depend a lot on the availability of train tickets, Machu Picchu slots, etc.
- Pick up time: About 3:50
- Ending time: About 20:30
✅ Private tour: Everyday
- If you book a private tour, we are much more flexible with the schedule
For group or private tours, we will meet you at your hotel as long as you stay in the historic center; otherwise, we will coordinate another meeting place according to your convenience.
Other available similar tours
What makes us different?
- We are accountable
- We do it right
- We serve
Our Social Project
Our philanthropic objective is to help Andean and indigenous communities to improve their socio-economic conditions, with part of the tips received in free tours and a percentage from the paid tours.