Join our quad adventure and enjoy a wonderful half-day experience at the Maras salt mines and the mysterious Huaypo Lake.
Today, the salt mines still play a vital role in the local economy of indigenous communities who own them. The Inca terraces of Maras were used as an agricultural laboratory to adapt various tubers and grains to different ecological zones.
We are 100% Peruvian!
|Schedule||– 7:00 to 13:00|
– 13:00 to 19:00
|Days||Every day||Every day|
|Language||es/en simultaneously||es or en|
|Size||10 to 15 pax.||You and your friends|
|Pick up from your hotel||✅||✅|
|ATVs and helmets||✅||✅|
|Boleto Turístico Cusco||❌||❌|
|Tickets for Maras: 15 Soles pp||❌||❌|
|Drop off at your hotel||❌||✅|
- The maximum weight allowed per person is 100 kg.
- The total number of riders per ATV is 2. The maximum combined weight is 150 kg.
- Must be 18 years or older; otherwise, parents must give a written authorization
What to bring?
- Rain ponchos
- Anti-slip shoes
- Caps or hats
- A bottle of water
- Local currency in cash for your entrance tickets
- * Dollars, Euros and cards are not accepted
- * You can buy the entrance tickets the same day of your tour
The itinerary can always change because of weather, strikes and tour guide’s decision.
Pick up from your hotel at about 7:00 – if applicable. For the 13:00 shift, we will assign you a different meeting point from your hotel.
Cusco to Cruzpata
Vehicle transfer for 1 approx.
Training in Cruzpata
We will provide you with a brief training in Cruzpata on the correct handling of the quads and safety parameters.
Cruzpata to Huaypo Lake
About 1 hour of ATV experience on compacted dirt with a trained Guide. This less-traveled route is ideal for riding ATVs.
Arrival at Huaypo Lagoon
You’ll have an excellent view of the lagoon, and you can observe the local flora and fauna as you ride the ATV.
Back to Cruzpata
Approximately 1.5 hours on quad bikes.
Cruzpata to Maras salt mines
Due to the number of vehicles and topographical features of this route, you will go to the Maras salt mines by vehicle. This vehicle ride takes approximately 30 minutes.
Arrival in Maras and guided tour
You will receive a brief and concise explanation of this place. Your Guide will explain the historical significance of this attraction and its importance to the local people.
Back to Cusco
This tour ends near the Plaza de Armas around 13:00 or 19:00 hours approx. If you have booked a private tour, we will drop you off at your hotel.
✅ Group tour:
- 35 USD for a single rider quad
- 50 USD for a double rider quad
✅ Private tour:
- 75 USD for a single rider quad
- 90 USD for a double rider quad
- * Reserve at least two quads to do the tour privately.
- Single rider quad: A quad for a one rider.
- Double rider quad: A quad for two riders (two passengers ride on one quad)..
✅ Group tour: Every day, two schedules
- Pick up at 7:00 approx. and ends by 13:00 approx.
- Pick up at 13:00 approx. and ends by 19:00 approx.
✅ Private tour: Every day
- If you book a private tour, we are more flexible with the schedule.
We will pick you up from your hotel, as long as your hotel is located in the historic center and it has easy vehicular access. If you book for the afternoon slot, we will assign you a different meeting point from your hotel. We will coordinate the pickup details the day before your tour.
Other available similar tours
What makes us different?
- We are accountable
- We do it right
- We serve
Our Social Project
Our philanthropic objective is to help Andean and indigenous communities to improve their socio-economic conditions, with part of the tips received in free tours and a percentage from the paid tours.